POSITION: Customer Relations and Ticketing Assistant
CONTRACT LENGTH: 26 Weeks
START DATE: February 11, 2019 END DATE: August 9, 2018
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for assisting in festival ticketing, customer service, and office administration.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Reports to and works directly under the supervision of the Ticketing and Administration Manager.
• Be the first point of contact for visitors and deliveries. Become knowledgeable about festival staff, departments, procedures, and policies.
• Answer phone calls relating to general inquiries about the festival and redirect/escalate to other staff when applicable.
• Consistently provide informed, empathetic service to patrons via walk-in, phone, email, or other forms of contact.
• Assist with monitoring email/social media relating to general inquiries about the festival and answer/redirect to other staff when applicable.
* Create and upload posts on social media channels, speaking as the festival.
• Onsite: guide volunteer team members in answering calls and resolve/escalate issues when appropriate.
• Post-festival: assist with creating reports from data gathered during the season.
• Learn the ticketing system[s] used for all ticket sales throughout the festival.
• Responsible for in-house sales made to the public, sponsors and groups from the festival’s main office.
• Process in-house telephone, and email order sales as first point of contact for walk in sales.
• Aid in set up and running of all onsite ticket outlets.
• Process and print bulk complimentary ticket orders.
• Work on ticket sales reconciliation.
• Responsible for ordering festival office supplies, updating administrative lists, etc.
• Assist with development and distribution of all accreditation packages for the festival.
• Responsible for keeping all contact lists updated.
• Assist with setting up administrative office onsite.
▪ Assist in overseeing a team of volunteers (admin office, info booth) throughout the festival period.
• All other duties as required.
• Previous customer relations or event staff experience.
• Knowledge of and experience with using social media platforms for business.
• Experience with handling cash/POS transactions and reconciling sales.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in English, French written and oral skills are an asset.
• Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize.
• Proven success multi-tasking in a high pressure environment.
• Proven ability to think creatively and strategically.
• Ability to work independently as well as within a team.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Canadian and international festival VIPs
• Agents and management companies
• Local and national festival music promoters
▪ Festival sponsors and local business leaders
• Festival staff and volunteers
Forward CV to email@example.com or fax to 613.233.3134
Only those candidates who meet the JCP criteria will be contacted for an interview. To learn more about the JCP criteria, please visit http://www.ottawafestivals.ca