POSITION: Marketing and Promotions Assistant
CONTRACT LENGTH: 26 Weeks
START DATE: April 29, 2019 END DATE: October 25, 2019
JOB SUMMARY: Assist with marketing activities and promotional events for the festival.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Reports to and works directly under the supervision of the Marketing and Promotions Manager. Also follows direction of the Executive Director.
▪ Create and upload posts on social media channels, speaking as the festival
▪ Monitor social media channels, engage with followers, answer questions, etc.
▪ Assist with the development of the social media calendar
▪ Identify and work with Marketing and Promotions Manager on new opportunities for social media engagement
▪ Coordinate and implement pre-fest promos (includes off-site activities)
▪ Assist with website and mobile app updates
▪ Assist and coordinate the distribution of marketing collateral
▪ Assist with promotions and marketing for other properties
▪ Advise and work with Promotions and Marketing Manager and/or Executive Director on any new promotional opportunities
▪ All other duties as required
• Passionate about social media and extensive experience using various social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, etc
• Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize
• Proven success multi-tasking in a high pressure environment
• Proven ability to think creatively and strategically
• Ability to work independently as well as within a team
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Advanced knowledge of MS Office
• Valid driver’s license is required, access to own vehicle is an asset
• Bilingualism is an asset
• Corporate sponsors
• Graphic design companies
• Local printers
• Local area businesses
• Festival staff and volunteers
The Ottawa Bluesfest is committed to building an inclusive workforce reflecting the demographics of a Canadian society. The organization has also developed policies and procedures in order to ensure a barrier-free selection process and workplace.
Forward CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 613.233.3134
Only those candidates who meet the JCP criteria will be contacted for an interview. To learn more about the JCP criteria, please visit http://www.ottawafestivals.ca