The RBC Bluesfest is a nonprofit & charitable organization overseen by a volunteer Board of Directors.
Board of Directors
Jim Mountain – President
Ottawa Bluesfest Mandate
The mandate of the Ottawa Bluesfest organization is to provide a world-class event that showcases local, regional, national and international musicians. The objectives of the Ottawa Bluesfest are:
- to maintain one of Canada’s foremost music festivals, in the City of Ottawa;
- to support and sustain the growth of emerging and diverse musical genres, including the Blues, World Music, Alternative, Rock, Jazz, Funk, Soul, Rap, Folk, Urban, and other forms of music that develop from time to time;
- to produce and present the art of music to the public, including new audiences, and to sustain a vibrant music community for local, regional, and national artists/performers/composers and songwriters;
- to provide professional local, regional, and national artists/performers/composers and songwriters with substantial exposure to new audiences;
- to provide an educational program within schools in the Ottawa region for the purpose of promoting among students the appreciation of Blues music as an art form and its impact on various genres while advancing and developing the careers of local and regional artists and educators;
- to support other charitable organizations, institutions, events or activities where the subject is related to the above objectives.
Click here for a historical retrospective of the Festival’s commemorative posters – these posters are available for purchase, on-site during the festival, in support of Blues In The Schools.
Click here for a history of the Festival